Via Our Lady of the Shit Moat, we are treated to Jihad Watch’s helpful advice for Muslims wishing to present themselves in polite society. We’ve added a few of our own to Robert Spencer’s — see if you can tell which ones:
… So — will Sheila Musaji care to condemn the supremacist imperative delineated by these authoritative, traditional sources? Specifically, since she is asking me what is required to be considered a moderate Muslim, I can tell her that I believe it would be sufficient to do the following:
1. Acknowledge the existence of and repudiate the traditional Islamic imperative, taught by all the schools of Islamic jurisprudence that Muslims recognize as orthodox, to impose Islamic law upon non-Muslims, whether by force or by stealth.
2. Renounce any intention, now or in the future, to replace the U.S. Constitution with Islamic law.
3. Condemn all efforts, or attempts at same, to draw attention to the crescent-like shape of the majority ingredient in Apple Pie and its accepted variants.
4. Clarify, and call upon other Muslims in America to clarify, what is meant by the words ‘terrorism’ and ‘innocent’ in Muslim condemnations of terrorism, so that it is clear that what is being condemned is the murder of American and other non-combatants by Muslims acting in the name of Islamic jihad.
5. Denounce any attempt by your co-religionists to single out people of a different religious faith for unusual scrutiny in the public square.
6. Repudiate the idea that Muslims have a divine mandate to force, when possible, Jews, Christians, and other ‘People of the Book’ to pay a special religion-based tax from which Muslims are exempt (Qur’an 9:29).
7. Call upon Muslims in America to institute comprehensive, honest, and transparent programs in mosques and Islamic schools, teaching the virtues of the non-establishment of religion, and teaching directly against Islamic supremacism and the idea that Muslims must fight against Jews and Christians until they “feel themselves subdued” (Qur’an 9:29).
8. Call upon Muslims in America to institute comprehensive, honest, and transparent programs in mosques and Islamic schools, teaching against honor killing, and against the idea — which is enshrined in Islamic law — that a parent faces no penalty for killing his or her own child (see ‘Umdat al-Salik o1.1-2).
9. Call upon Muslims in America to institute comprehensive, honest, and transparent programs in mosques and Islamic schools, to end all forcing, pressuring or badgering of individuals to repudiate, point-by-point, long lists of collectively ascribed negative behaviors that are dishonestly derived from the deep recesses of dense and ancient religious texts few have studied, much less live by to the letter (see ‘Best of the Hair Bands: Vol. 3′).
10. Call upon Muslims worldwide, including in Saudi Arabia, to end all institutionalized discrimination against and harassment of non-Muslims, and to allow churches and other houses of worship to be built in majority-Muslim countries with an ease comparable to that with which mosques are currently built in Western countries.
11. Repudiate the idea that a Muslim who renounces Islam and adopts any other faith or no faith at all should be killed — as is the teaching of Muhammad and all the schools of Islamic jurisprudence — and call upon Muslim groups in America to teach the freedom of conscience as a God-given right in American mosques and Islamic schools.
12. Call upon Muslims in America and worldwide to drop the traditional and authoritative Islamic prohibition of marriage between non-Muslim men and Muslim women, and to repudiate and teach against the idea of divinely sanctioned wife-beating (Qur’an 4:34).
13. Villify, repudiate and condemn the institutionalized and barbaric Islamic practice of damaging expensive American munitions with Muslim heads, torsos and limbs.
14. Condemn Hamas and Hizballah as terrorist organizations, and the Islamic Republic of Iran for its continuing the barbaric practice of stoning people to death. Call upon Muslim groups to teach against stoning as a punishment for adultery or anything else in American mosques and Islamic schools.
15. Formally signify in public, by means of an easily recognized badge or token on the outer garments, that you are a moderate Muslim who remains in this country at our pleasure, an inexhaustive supply of which is not likely to be found here should you backslide towards bullying and marginalizing those not like yourself in ridiculous displays of terrified pique.
Do those things, Ms. Musaji, and I will happily acknowledge that you are indeed a ‘moderate’ Muslim.